TU Dortmund has licenced the Reference Management Software Citavi for students and members of staff. Citavi supports students and academic staff professionally and didactical reliable during all stages of academic work. Including:
- research, administration and subject indexing of literature,
- collection and further processing of quotations,
- conception, structure and formatting of an academic publication,
- automatic creation of bibliographies in different citation styles,
- automatic creation of footnotes.
Download, Licencing and Installation
- install Citavi Free
- register for a Citavi Account
- please note: your UniMail address is needed for authentication
- when registered, you get your licence key and learn how to enter it in Citavi
- with the licence key, Citavi Free will be upgraded to the full version
- you are entitled to use Citavi on all your PCs or on USB sticks
- please download and install our settings file to import settings, useful to search in catalogues and databases relevant to TU Dortmund.
Citavi Training Classes
- Citavi Training Classes for Beginners: We offer interdisciplinary courses for Citavi giving you an idea of the key features. The courses demonstrating the search functions and literature administration are in German. These training classes are for those who do not yet know Citavi or do have only few skills.
- Citavi Advanced Training Courses: In these courses we show you literature administration and knowlege organisation features as well as how to work with Citavi's AddIn for Microsoft Word. In addition, you will have time to practise and to ask questions. These courses are for those who are already working with Citavi or who have at least visited our training classes for beginners (in German).
- Group appointments (for groups of 5 or more): If you need an individual or a subject-oriented training or a course in English, please contact us.
- Laptops: We do have laptops for you to use during our classes. You can bring your own notebook as well. Please, install at least Citavi Free beforehand (incl. Word AddIn and Citavi Picker) as well as Word.
Dates and Registration
- Registration Training Classes for Beginners
- Thursday, 27 October 2016, 2pm - 4pm (s.t.)
- Wednesday, 9 November 2016, 9.30am - 11.30am (s.t.)
- Tuesday, 29 November 2016, 9am - 11am (s.t.)
- Thursday, 15 December 2016, 1.30pm - 3.30pm (s.t.)
- Location: Training classroom in the Central Library, second floor.
- New dates for advanced training courses will be published here next term.
- Citavi consultation hour: every Wednesday from 1pm to 2pm
- Contact the University Library: Citavi support form
Please contact us: Department for Information Literacy and Publication Support