TU Dortmund has licenced the Reference Management Software Citavi for students and members of staff. Citavi supports students and academic staff professionally and didactical reliable during all stages of academic work. Including:
- Research, administration and subject indexing of literature;
- Automatic creation of bibliographies in different citation styles;
- Collection and further processing of quotations;
- Automatic creation of footnotes;
- Conception, structure and formatting of an academic publication.
Citavi runs under Windows 10, 8, 7 or Windows Server 2008 and 2003 - Further information on system requirements.
Licensing and Installation
Please note: Your UniMail address is needed for authentication. Requesting a licence key is not possible using email service providers such as web.de GMX, t-online etc.
You will receive an email with your licence key normally within 24 hours. When you enter the licence key in Citavi, you will be able to use the full version for the duration of the TU Dortmund campus licence. You are entitled to use Citavi on two PCs (at home and at work) or on one PC and one USB stick. You can find further information on entering a licence key in the Citavi online manual.
Please download and install our settings file to import settings, useful to search in catalogues and databases relevant to TU Dortmund.
Citavi Consultation Hour
You can get your Citavi questions answered on Wednesday from 1 pm – 2 pm at the Service centre in the Central Library.
You can contact us by email or you may make an appointment with us by filling in the form 'Citavi-Support'.
Citavi Training Classes
We offer interdisciplinary courses for Citavi giving you an idea of the key features and demonstrating the search functions and literature administration of Citavi. The courses are in German. If you need an individual or a subject-oriented training or a course in English, please contact us.
These training classes are for those who do not yet know Citavi or do have only few skills.
You can bring for the training your own notebook. Please, install at least Citavi Free beforehand.
Please register for a Citavi training class!
- Thursday, 28 July 2016, 2pm - 4pm (s.t.) (fully booked)
- Tuesday, 23 August 2016, 9am - 11am (s.t.)
- Wednesday, 21 September 2016, 1.30pm - 3.30pm (s.t.)
- Thursday, 27 October 2016, 2pm - 4pm (s.t.)
- Wednesday, 9 November 2016, 9.30am - 11.30am (s.t.)
- Tuesday, 29 November 2016, 9am - 11am (s.t.)
- Thursday, 15 December 2016, 1.30pm - 3.30pm (s.t.)
Location: Training classroom in the Central Library, second floor.
In these courses we show you literature administration and knowlege organisation features as well as how to work with Citavi's AddIn for Microsoft Word. In addition, you will have time to practise and to ask questions.
Advanced training courses are designed for students who are already working with Citavi or who have at least visited our training classes for beginners.
New dates will be published here or please, contact us!
Please, contact us: email@example.com