What is Reference Management Software?
In your first paper the number of used sources will be comparatively small. In a seminar paper the number will increase. When you write your final assignment you will come across a large number of different sources: books, articles, entries from encyclopaedia, Internet resources, ... In the old days you had to rely on rough books or index cards. Nowadays Reference Management Software saves time and frustration.
How can Reference Management Software assist me?
- You can import literature and Internet resources from catalogues - without copying
- You can generate bibliographies and footnotes and import them to your word processing software
- You can share bibliographical references with friends and colleagues
- You can find locations for the literature you want to exploit
- You can assign tasks and arrange your ideas
- and many more ...
How can I find a suitable Reference Management Software?
The University Library of TU München compared different reference management systems (PDF file), which can help you to find the software, which meets your demands. Or contact us!
Campus licence for Citavi:
Department for information literacy and publication support
Room: Central Library, 124
Telephone: 0231 / 755 - 5078