Search Tips: How to find ...?
Locations, catalogues, bibliographies and reference works on Geography and Earth sciences
at the University Library
Locations of Books in Dortmund University Library
Jc J (Geography);
Wn (Earth Sciences)
- Textbooks (location: Ground floor)
L Ea (Geography)
- Not borrowable
- Reference works such as encyclopedias, dictionaries, bibliographies and handbooks
are usually not borrowable. The same goes for individual copies of much-used texts
for research and teaching.
ZWn (Earth Sciences)
current year in rooum E 1
- Books (Short-term loan over-night or weekend).
- Journals (not borrowable)
Catalogues in Dortmund University Library
Media (books, videos ...):
Catalogue of Dortmund University electronic publications (mainly theses). Full texts
- North Rhine-Westphalia: HBZ Collective Catalogue
Library catalogue for North Rhine-Westphalia and Rhineland-Palatinate
- Deutschland: Karlsruhe Virtual Catalogue (KVK)
KVK is a meta-search interface for library and book trade catalogues throughout the
world. It contains more than 75,000,000 book titles
If you didn't find what you searched for:
Printed Bibliographies and Reference Works
Geography and its didactics were established in 1929 in the Pedagogical Academy Dortmund.
Since then the library has acquired books on this item.
Printed bibliographies and reference works can be found in the Emil-Figge-Bibliothek,
shelf mark GOA.