TU Dortmund has licenced the Reference Management Software Citavi for students and staff members. Citavi supports students and academic staff professionally and didactically reliable during all stages of academic work, including research, management and subject indexing. Citavi also transfers table of contents and quotations to your MS Word or TeX documents, and generates automatically a bibliography of the cited literature. This video (in German) shows a complete workflow in Citavi.
Register for a Citavi account with your email address (...@tu-dortmund.de) and follow the registration instructions. Furthermore you can add the Shibboleth login for future logins in your profile ("Weitere Zugänge"). You can use the university licence for the duration of your TU Dortmund membership. The membership requests to be authenticated once a year.
- download the Citavi 6 setup.
- uninstall older versions. Your projects and settings remain unaffected.
- install Citavi 6.
- start Citavi 6 and log in with your Citavi account.
- the login legitimates you to use the University licence and allows you to save projects in the cloud storage.
- when you save projects in the Citavi cloud, please note the privacy statements from Swiss Academic Software GmbH.
- Citavi 6 does only support working with Microsoft Word and TeX editors. If you want to work on with LibreOffice or OpenOffice do not upgrade to Citavi 6 and use Citavi 5 instead. Create a licence key in your Citavi account to use the University Site Licence.
- Citavi consultation hour in the Central Library service centre: every Wednesday from 1pm to 2pm
- Contact the University Library: Citavi support form
- Citavi Training Classes: the University Library offers training classes in German frequently. Please register for a suitable date.
- Wednesday, 30 October 2019, 2pm - 4pm (s.t.)
- Thursday, 14 November 2019, 2pm - 4pm (s.t.)
- Monday, 09 December 2019, 10am - 12noon (s.t.)
- Monday, 13 January 2020, 2pm - 4pm (s.t.)
- Thursday, 23 January 2020, 2pm - 4pm (s.t.)
We offer interdisciplinary courses for Citavi: giving you an idea of the key features. The courses - demonstrating the search functions and literature managment - are in German. These training classes are for those, who do not yet know Citavi or do have only few skills.
Tutorials from Swiss Academic Software
- Overview tutorials
- Getting started guide
- Learn how to use Citavi 6
- Everything about Word Add-in
- Analysing PDFs with Citavi 6
- Dysfunctions Citavi Picker
Please contact us: Department for Information Literacy and Publication Support