You are currently having trouble logging in and have either the Citavi 6.10 or 6.11 version installed:
Uninstall Citavi (your projects will be preserved) and downgrade to version Citavi 6.8. Log in again.
You recently tried to create a new Citavi account and received the message "User does not exist":
Contact Citavi Support at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "User does not exist".
TU Dortmund has licenced the Reference Management Software Citavi for students and staff members. Citavi supports students and academic staff professionally and didactically reliable during all stages of academic work, including research, management and subject indexing. Citavi also transfers table of contents and quotations to your MS Word documents. Furthermore there is a LaTeX support which can be activated. This video (in German) shows a complete workflow in Citavi.
- Go to https://www.citavi.com/login and click on "Sign up now" - do not click on the "Continue with University" button (this currently does not work for registration).
- Enter your Uni e-mail address.
- Confirm account and set password.
Log in to the account by going back to https://www.citavi.com/login -
do not click on the "Continue with University" button.
If the Citavi Web launcher window opens, click on the button with the three horizontal dots in the upper right corner and select "Citavi Account".
- In the next window, click on "Log in with:" in the right column and select the "My University" button. Enter ?Technische Universität Dortmund? and then log in with your UniAccount via Shibboleth. This will add the Shibboleth access to the account and activate the Citavi license.
Use the registration form and click the "Continue with university" button. You will be redirected to the campus license selection, type in "Technische Universität Dortmund" and select it. In the next step you have to log in with your UniAccount. You can use the university licence for the duration of your TU Dortmund membership. The membership requests to be authenticated once a year.
For all TU Dortmund members who use an operating system other than Microsoft Windows or who work with cloud projects. Simply follow the steps below:
- log in using "Continue with university" on the Citavi login page: select Technische Universität Dortmund and sign in with your UniAccount
- to access Citavi Web, click the three dots in the top-right corner. Your cloud projects will be displayed here, or you can create a new one.
- download the Citavi 6 setup.
- uninstall older versions. Your projects and settings remain unaffected.
- install Citavi 6.
- start Citavi 6 and log in with your Citavi account.
- the login legitimates you to use the University licence and allows you to save projects in the cloud storage.
- when you save projects in the Citavi cloud, please note the privacy statements from Swiss Academic Software GmbH.
- Citavi 6 does only support working with Microsoft Word and TeX editors. If you want to work with LibreOffice or OpenOffice do not upgrade to Citavi 6 and use Citavi 5 instead. Create a licence key in your Citavi account to use the University Site Licence.
- Citavi consultation hour online: you are welcome to make an appointment with us
- Contact the University Library: Citavi support form
- Citavi Training Classes: the University Library offers training classes in German frequently (currently online). Please register for a suitable date.
Get to know Citavi: self-study course in Moodle (in German)
Tutorials from Swiss Academic Software
- Overview tutorials
- Getting started guide
- Learn how to use Citavi 6
- All about 'Citavi Picker'
- All about Word Add-in
- Analysing PDFs with Citavi 6
- Dysfunctions Citavi Picker
- Installing on a Mac
- Introducing Citavi Web
Please contact us: Department of Information Skills and Publication Support