TU Dortmund has licenced the Reference Management Software Citavi for students and staff members. Citavi supports students and academic staff professionally and didactically reliable during all stages of academic work, including research, management and subject indexing. Citavi also transfers table of contents and quotations to your MS Word or TeX documents, and generates automatically a bibliography of the cited literature. This video (in German) shows a complete workflow in Citavi.
Register for a Citavi account with your email address (...@tu-dortmund.de) and follow the registration instructions. Furthermore you can add the Shibboleth login for future logins in your profile ("Weitere Zugänge"). You can use the university licence for the duration of your TU Dortmund membership. The membership requests to be authenticated once a year.
- download the Citavi 6 setup.
- uninstall older versions. Your projects and settings remain unaffected.
- install Citavi 6.
- start Citavi 6 and log in with your Citavi account.
- the login legitimates you to use the University licence and allows you to save projects in the cloud storage.
- when you save projects in the Citavi cloud, please note the privacy statements from Swiss Academic Software GmbH.
- Citavi 6 does only support working with Microsoft Word and TeX editors. If you want to work with LibreOffice or OpenOffice do not upgrade to Citavi 6 and use Citavi 5 instead. Create a licence key in your Citavi account to use the University Site Licence.
Try Citavi Web
Students and professors at the TU Dortmund can now try the free test version of Citavi Web till the end of 2021 - this is especially useful for individuals, who use an operating system other than Microsoft Windows or who work with cloud projects. Simply follow the steps below:
- log in using "My university" on the Citavi login page: select Technische Universität Dortmund and sign in with your UniAccount
- to access Citavi Web, click the three dots in the top-right corner. Your cloud projects will be displayed here, or you can create a new one.
- Citavi consultation hour online: you are welcome to make an appointment with us
- Contact the University Library: Citavi support form
- Citavi Training Classes: the University Library offers training classes in German frequently (currently online). Please register for a suitable date.
Get to know Citavi: self-study course in Moodle (in German)
Tutorials from Swiss Academic Software
- Overview tutorials
- Getting started guide
- Learn how to use Citavi 6
- All about 'Citavi Picker'
- All about Word Add-in
- Analysing PDFs with Citavi 6
- Dysfunctions Citavi Picker
- Installing on a Mac
Please contact us: Department for Information Literacy and Publication Support