The Citavi license for TU Dortmund University has already been extended until 31.12.2023. The message when starting Citavi that the license expires can be ignored by TU members.
TU Dortmund has licenced the Reference Management Software Citavi for students and staff members. Citavi supports students and academic staff professionally and didactically reliable during all stages of academic work, including research, management and subject indexing. Citavi also transfers table of contents and quotations to your MS Word documents. Furthermore there is a LaTeX support which can be activated. This video (in German) shows a complete workflow in Citavi.
Registration / Login
Use the login form and click the "Continue with university" button. You will be redirected to the campus license selection, type in "Technische Universitšt Dortmund" and select it. In the next step you have to log in with your UniAccount. You can use the university licence for the duration of your TU Dortmund membership. An authentication of your membership is requested once a year.
Note: If you registered with a private email address, log in with that address. In the next window, click on "Log in with:" in the right column and select the "My University" button. Enter ?Technische Universitšt Dortmund? and then log in with your UniAccount via Shibboleth. This will add the Shibboleth access to the account and activate the Citavi license.
For all TU Dortmund members who use an operating system other than Microsoft Windows or who work with cloud projects. Simply follow the steps below:
- log in using "Continue with university" on the Citavi login page: select Technische Universitšt Dortmund and sign in with your UniAccount
- to access Citavi Web, click the three dots in the top-right corner. Your cloud projects will be displayed here, or you can create a new one.
- download the Citavi 6 setup.
- uninstall older versions. Your projects and settings remain unaffected.
- install Citavi 6.
- start Citavi 6 and log in with your Citavi account.
- the login legitimates you to use the University licence and allows you to save projects in the cloud storage. If you see "Citavi - no license" in the lower left corner of the start window, please use the following guide.
- when you save projects in the Citavi cloud, please note the privacy statements from Swiss Academic Software GmbH.
- Citavi 6 does only support working with Microsoft Word and TeX editors. If you want to work with LibreOffice or OpenOffice do not upgrade to Citavi 6 and use Citavi 5 instead. Create a licence key in your Citavi account to use the University Site Licence.
- Citavi consultation hour online: you are welcome to make an appointment with us
- Contact the University Library: Citavi support form
- Citavi Training Classes: the University Library offers training classes in German frequently (currently online). Please register for a suitable date.
Get to know Citavi: self-study course in Moodle (in German)
Tutorials from Swiss Academic Software
- Overview tutorials
- Getting started guide
- Learn how to use Citavi 6
- All about 'Citavi Picker'
- All about Word Add-in
- Analysing PDFs with Citavi 6
- Dysfunctions Citavi Picker
- Installing on a Mac
- Introducing Citavi Web
Please contact us: Department of Information Skills and Publication Support