The services listed below are charged subject to the rules for fees and fines of Dortmund University Library.
- overdue fines
- up to 10 days: € 2,00 per item
- up to 20 days: € 5,00 per item
- up to 30 days: € 10,00 per item
- from the 31st day on: € 20,00 per item
and a one-time handling fee of € 25,00 if the loan period is exceeded by more than 40 days
- short loan: per item per calendar day 2,00 €
and a one-time handling fee of € 25,00 if the loan period is exceeded by more than 10 days
- loss of an item: € 25,00 handling fee for replacement of the item plus the cost of the item to be replaced
- your account will be blocked if it is overdrawn by more than 30,00 € or if you fail to pay overdue fines within one month after returning an item (regardless the amount of the overdue fines).
Please note: If your account is blocked, you cannot borrow or reserve books, renew the loan period (even the automatic renewal does not work) or order items via interlibrary loan!
Library Card: Annual Fee, Replacement
Copying, Printing, Scanning
- overdue fines: € 2,00
(overdue fines are charged subject to the Schließfachordnung der Technischen Universität Dortmund, in German.)
- lockers for study material: € 2,00; (40 days); € 5,00; (130 days)
- workspace in the study room: € 2,00 (40 days)
- Information Centre for Technology and Patents: fees
- research orders: € 52,00 per man hour, minimum € 13,00.
- in the Central Library at the pay machine with your cash card ("EC-Karte") or with your GeldKarte (e.g. on your cash card or on your UniCard or FHCard).*
- in the Emil-Figge-Bibliothek with your cash card or charged card from Monday to Friday, 8am to 4pm.*
- by transfer to the following account:
Technische Universität Dortmund
IBAN DE43 4405 0199 0001 1904 15
BIC (SWIFT) DORTDE33XXX
Purpose of transfer:
UB / first and last name / matriculation number (or: number on your library card)
- Five days before the end of the loan period, you will receive a reminder by email (you will not get a reminder by email for short loan in the Emil-Figge-Bibliothek or if the loan period is shorter than usual!). However, a fine is incurred if items are not returned within the loan period, regardless of the receipt of a reminder.
- You can return items also by mail.
* Please note: No transaction costs for card payments!