The services listed below are charged subject to the rules for fees and fines of Dortmund University Library.
- overdue fines
- up to 10 days: € 2,00 per item
- up to 20 days: € 5,00 per item
- up to 30 days: € 10,00 per item
- from the 31st day on: € 20,00 per item
and a one-time handling fee of € 25,00 if the loan period is exceeded by more than 40 days
- short loan: per item per calendar day 2,00 €
and a one-time handling fee of € 25,00 if the loan period is exceeded by more than 10 days
- loss of an item: € 25,00 handling fee for replacement of the item plus the cost of the item to be replaced
- your account will be blocked if it is overdrawn by more than 30,00 € or if you fail to pay overdue fines within one month after returning an item (regardless the amount of the overdue fines).
please note: if your account is blocked, you cannot borrow or reserve books, renew the loan period (even the automatic renewal does not work) or order items via interlibrary loan!
Library Card: Annual Fee
- library card: annual fee for external users: 20 € (registration)
Copying, Printing, Scanning
- overdue fines: € 2,00
(overdue fines are charged subject to the Schließfachordnung der Technischen Universität Dortmund, in German.)
- lockers for study material: € 5,00 (130 days)
- Information Centre for Technology and Patents: fees
- research orders: € 52,00 per man hour, minimum € 13,00
You can make fee payments (cashless only) in the following ways:
- in the Central Library at the pay machine with your cash card, credit card or mobile payment
- in the Emil-Figge-Bibliothek with cash card, credit card or mobile payment
- for amounts over 5 €: by bank transfer (you will find transfer details in your library account)
- 10 days before the end of the loan period, you will receive a reminder by email (you will not get a reminder if the loan period is shorter than usual!). However, a fine is incurred if items are not returned within the loan period, regardless of the receipt of a reminder.
- you can return items also by mail.