To borrow, users must hold a valid library card. Some items cannot be borrowed (see library regulations section 6, paragraph 2, in German). Fees and fines are paid at the pay machine. The loan periods have been set by the library management as follows:
Central Library and all Departmental Libraries
- loan period: 28 days.
- following this period 9 automatic renewals. However, the automatic renewal is conditional on the item not being reserved by another user in the meantime.
further renewals are possible via your library account.
This is how it works:
- Call Your account.
- Login with your Uni Account / Library Account and Password.
- Select the title you want to renew.
Click the button 'Renew'
- Please check if the renewal was successful.
Renewals can be made no earlier than 10 days before the loan period expires. If the loan period is exceeded, no renewal is possible and overdue fees may apply!
The loan period of interlibrary loan media is automatically renewed up to once depending on the specifications of the lending library. You can still receive a request to return media if there is a reservation in the lending library.
Renewals are also possible by telephone (0231 / 755 - 4000) or by email, please give us your matriculation number or the number on your library card.
- if an item is reserved by another user, no further renewal is possible. You will get an email and have to return the item.