Computer Workstations and Notebooks
Dortmund University Library offers a large number of computer workstations. WLAN for your own notebook is available if you are affiliated to the TU Dortmund. Members of TU Dortmund can also access electronic resources off campus.
- You can plug in a USB stick or a USB hard drive. After saving, the data are only safe when the USB device has been removed correctly! You can also store the data on our Data Exchange and access it from any other computer.
- You can change the default language setting of the Firefox browser so that all websites of which an English version exists will be displayed in English. Go to "Einstellungen - Inhalt - Sprachen" and move "Englisch [en]" and "Englisch [en-us]" to the first and second position. If there is no English version of a website, the German version will be displayed automatically.
- Once you have inserted the UniCard in the card reader, you can change and unlock the UniCard PIN (the PIN is needed to send digital signed and encrypted e-mails).
- Once you have inserted the UniCard in the card reader, you can check the bookings on your card (choose "purse").
Notebook - Internet Access via Ethernet
- connect your notebook with a network cable to the network socket* and (re)start the notebook
- log in with your Uni account / library account
Notebook - Internet Access via Wireless LAN
WLAN is accessible everywhere in the Central Library and in the Departmental Libraries. All wireless networks on campus are operated by the ITMC of the TU Dortmund. Overview, manuals, access requirements: WLAN.
- access via eduroam
- members of TU Dortmund: log in with your uni account. Please note, that you have to add "@tu-dortmund.de" to your uni account (e.g. "smjohdoe@tu-dortmund").de"
- members of other universities and colleges (including Dortmund University of Applied Sciences and Arts): log in with your user name and password. Please add to your user name the domain of your institution (e.g. @fh-dortmund.de).
- eduroam not yet installed? Download your eduroam installer.
For members of universities and other institutions not participating in eduroam and external users, WLAN is not accessible. Please connect your notebook via network cable to the internet (see internet access via ethernet).
- research workstations
- internet workstations
- computer workstations for the blind and visually impaired
- *notebook - internet access via Ethernet