Emergency Situation in the Central Library
- Leave the building immediately, do not use the lift!
- Inform other people!
- Stay calm!
- Keep entrances clear!
If there is a Fire, Gas Leak or any other Emergency Situation
- Self-preservation comes first!
- Inform library staff of emergency!
- In every staircase, there is a fire alarm: break the glass and press the alarm button firmly. The alarm siren will be set off, the fire brigade and the TU Dortmund control room will be alerted automatically.
- Give first aid to injured persons. Injured persons should be brought out of the danger zone.
- Giving first aid to unconscious persons can be assisted by using the heart defibrillator (location: ground floor).
If the alarm siren is set off, leave the building immediately. Even if the cause of the emergency is not apparent - be a role model for others.
Do not use the lifts! Emergency exits are signposted.
- Call emergency services to provide more information about the situation. The control room is in radio contact with the emergency services/fire brigade on the spot:
- Where did it happen? - What happened? - How many people are injured? - What kind of injuries did people sustain? - Wait for further questions!
- Directions for the ambulance to Einfahrt 22: coming from the direction of Dortmund Dorstfeld, cross the junction Emil-Figge-Straße/Vogelpothsweg and continue on Vogelpothsweg. Shortly after the bridge, there is Einfahrt 22 and a little parking lot to the left (S-Bahn sign). Please send someone down to inform the emergency services personnel of the situation at hand.
Please keep entrances clear. Go to the meeting point (parking lot underneath the bridge connecting the Mensa with the Central Library) and make sure that the people you were with are there as well.
The building may only be re-entered if it is declared safe to do so by emergency service personnel!
What all of Us can Do
Be aware of your study environment! Make sure you know where fire extinguishers and emergency exits are located. Fire alarm boxes are in all staircases.
Dortmund University Library welcomes users to actively contribute to everyone's safety!
Someone is injured or collapsed?
Please keep calm – give first aid and/or contact the service centre on the ground floor – do not leave the injured person alone!
- Our reference staff will help you.
- For the Departmental Libraries, their respective safety regulations apply. Please ask our staff at the Departmental Libraries for further information.
- Fire safety regulations of the TU Dortmund
- Unfallmeldung und weitere Informationen des Referats für Arbeits- und Umweltschutz der TU Dortmund
- Erste Hilfe Online (DRK)