- you can use free electronic lockers during your stay in the library. You need the UniCard of TU Dortmund or the FHCard for students of FH Dortmund. FH Cards can be activated at the "Schließfach-Infoterminal" in the Central Library, if necessary.
- users without a UniCard or FH Card can get a chip card at the Lending Services or in the Departmental Libraries.
- you can only use one locker at the same time.
- the lockers can only be used during opening hours of the respective buildings, not overnight. Should you use the locker overnight, the locker will be blocked and you have to pay a fee.
- please note the "Regelungen für elektronische Kurzzeitschließfächer" in the Schließfachordnung (in German).
How to use a locker
- Shut the door of the locker:
hold your card in front of the lower part of the locker's lock. When you hear a short beep, turn the knob to the left. Not until then, the locker is closed.
- Open the locker:
hold your card in front of the lower part of the locker's lock. The locker opens automatically.
Forgot the number of your locker?
- please hold your card in front of one of the "Schließfach-Infoterminals" to find out the number.