Borrowing and Returning Items in the Central Library
You can issue and return books and other media during opening hours of the Central Library.
To borrow items, please use the self issue terminals on the ground floor of the Central Library. You need a library card or your UniCard
- To borrow interlibrary loan media or items without bar code on the cover, please contact a counter during business hours.
- Books in our reference collection and journals may not be borrowed.
- Books from our textbook collection can only be borrowed by members and associates of TU Dortmund, the Ruhr-Universität Bochum and the University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Reserved items can be collected from the reservations shelf "Reservierte Bücher" on the ground floor (the items on the reservations shelf are sorted by shelf marks).
- Please check your notification email or your account which items are ready for collection and their shelf marks.
- Reservations can be collected for 7 days (books ordered by interlibrary loan and CDs/DVDs excepted).
- Please check dates due for return on your receipt.
- Please check whether the items are damaged. If this should be the case, please contact the service centre.
Interlibrary Loan Copies
- You can find your copies near the service centre outside room E 1 (sorted by order number).
- Please check the notification email for your ordner number.
- The copies can be collected for one month.
- TU Dortmund members can get their copies via internal mail.
To return items, please use the book return station in the foyer of the Central Library.
Come to our service centre during business hours to
- return interlibrary loan items
- reissue your returned items
- return XXL books
- return items without any bar code on the cover
- return keys for study material lockers and study room workspaces
Return books by mail to our postal address
'Universitätsbibliothek Dortmund, Service Centre, Vogelpothsweg 76, 44227 Dortmund':
- Economomic option: Book Shipment, under certain conditions
- More expensive but faster: Parcel
- If your books fail to return in time, there will be overdue fines.
Please return media from the Departmental Libraries in the same library where you have borrowed them.