To borrow items, please use the self issue terminals on the ground floor of the Central Library.
- to borrow interlibrary loan media or key cards, please contact a counter during business hours
- books in our reference collection and journals may not be borrowed
- books from our textbook collection can only be borrowed by members and associates of TU Dortmund, the Ruhr-Universität Bochum and the University of Duisburg-Essen
- reserved items can be collected from the reservations shelf "Reservierte Bücher" on the ground floor (the items on the reservations shelf are sorted by shelf marks)
- please check your notification email or your account which items are ready for collection and their shelf marks
- reservations can be collected for 7 days (books ordered by interlibrary loan and CDs/DVDs excepted)
Interlibrary Loan Copies
- you can find your copies outside room E 1 (sorted by order number), they can be collected for one month
- please check the notification email for your ordner number
- TU Dortmund members can get their copies via internal mail
To return items, please use the book return station in the foyer of the Central Library.
Come to our service centre during business hours to
- return interlibrary loan items
- reissue your returned items
- return XXL books
- return key cards for study material lockers
Loss of borrowed mediaIf you have lost a borrowed book, email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the staff at the Service Center. There will be a fee for the replacement.